Want us to prove it to you that we offer the best local knowledge in the industry? We will gladly accept the challenge. Start off by skimming through our Aspen Local Tips to gain the knowledge you need to maximize your vacation fun. If that’s not enough, give us a call. We are happy to provide you with an abundance of Aspen Local Tips and quite possibly, some local secrets.
1) Aspen offers wi-fi throughout town so bring your laptop!
2) Head to the Maroon Bells for some of the best hiking in the Rockies.
3) The J Bar has been Aspen's favorite watering hole for well over a century.
4) For the best live music, be sure to check out the locals' favorite Belly Up in downtown Aspen for the biggest names in music.
5) Pick up an Aspen Times in the morning to find the most updated apres ski and dinner deals in town.
6) There are Free Skier Shuttles at designated stops throughout town that carries skiers from mountain to mountain, inlcuding Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk Mountain and Snowmass.
7) You don't need a car in Aspen! Enjoy FREE in-town bus service offered by the Roaring Fork Transportation Authority.
8) For the quickest access to Aspen fly directly into Aspen Colorado Sardy Field (ASE), located only 3 miles from Aspen.
9) Rubey Park is a bus station in downtown Aspen, not a park.
10) Many hotels in Aspen and Snowmass are pet friendly, don't forget your four-legged friends.
11) To enjoy the tops of either Aspen Mountain or Snowmass without skiing, gondola passes are offered for those just looking to take in the sites and enjoy lunch atop the High Rockies.
12) Take a West End Walking Tour with the Aspen Historical Society for a peak into Aspen's past.
13) Take a mining tour inside Aspen's Smuggler Mine to explore Aspen's mining roots.
14) For a variety of recreation activities visit the Aspen Recreation Center, also known as the "ARC". Enjoy rock climbing, a pick-up game of hockey, ice-skating classes, Karate classes, swim lessons or get your daily exercise in the weight room and/or aerobic studio. Call (970) 429 - 2079 for more details.
15) For late night eats after a night on the town, grab pizza by the slice at New York Pizza - open to 2am.
16) Over 48 miles of FREE and fully maintained Nordic Trails exist throughout the Roaring Fork Valley for your cross-country skiing pleasure.
17) Enjoy snowshoeing in the Crystal River Vally on the 10 miles of well-marked, groomed trails.
18) Lift tickets purchased in Aspen or Snowmass are good at all four Aspen Ski Co. mountains: Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk Mountain and Snowmass. And kids under 6 ski FREE.
19) You gotta try Little Annie's Eating House in downtown Aspen, voted "Best Hamburger" by Aspen locals.
20) For the best prices on lift tickets, purchase your lift tickets in advance through one of our Aspen locals.
21) For more local tips AND the best-kept skiing secrets on any of Aspen's four mountains, call us directly.